Wickliffe’s Seven City Parks
For a city of four square miles, Wickliffe hosts a spectacular seven city parks. Located conveniently around the City, the parks provide activities for residents of all ages. The City has two swimming pools (at Coulby and Jindra Parks) and a Splash Park (Orlando Park). Three of the parks were re-named after residents who perished in service to our country (Featherston, Intihar and Jindra Parks). A listing of all the parks and the amenities they provide are listed below. Pavilions at the various parks may be reserved by residents by calling the Recreation Department or by emailing a permit found online at our City website.
2017 Pavilion Reservations
2017 Pavilion rental requests began on January 3rd. To reserve a pavilion, come to the Recreation Department in Wickliffe City Hall. Reservations are for Wickliffe residents only. Current utility bill and driver’s license are required to verify Wickliffe residency. Only one reservation per person. On-line requests began on January 4th.
Residents may use our pavilions on holidays. The pavilions are on a first come first serve basis. When reserving the Orlando Pavilion, use of the spray park requires a $50 fee. If you will not use Spray Park, it is free as are all the pavilions in Wickliffe.
Additional Pavilion at Orlando “Spray Park Shelter”- With the popularity and high usage of the pavilion at Orlando Park, we have increased our capacity for reservations by adding another smaller pavilion in the “Chalk Zone”. This pavilion will be treated like the rest of the city pavilions; it may be reserved separately. $50 Spray Park fee is applicable to this pavilion for group reservations.
28730 Ridge Rd.
30100 Twin Lakes Dr.
2330 Buena Vista Dr.
1950 East 296th. St.
1065 Lloyd Rd.
1800 Ridgewick Dr.
901 Talmadge Dr.
Rules & Regulations at all City Parks
It shall be unlawful for any person to:
- Commit any disorderly or immoral act.
- Possess any alcoholic beverage or be found in an intoxicated state.
- Throw stones, sticks, cans or bottles, play golf or throw or hit any dangerous object.
- Deface in any manner, any tree, bench or park structure, including any notice or the rules and regulations governing the parks which have been posted or permanently affixed.
- Gamble or play any games of chance for money.
- Throw or leave garbage in any place other than in the receptacles provided.
- Publicly solicit subscriptions or beg.
- Wash, clean or polish any automobile or other vehicle.
- Drive or ride a motor scooter, motorcycle, mini-bike, snowmobile or any motor-driven vehicle.
- Climb any tree or walk, stand, sit upon any monument, vase, fountain, railing or fence.
- Permit any dog(s) or other animals to enter onto the park grounds or run at large.
- Post any sign or advertise anything for sale.
- Enter a place where a “No Admittance” sign has been posted or hold a picnic or game in an area not designated for that use.
- Discharge any firearms or fireworks or ignite or burn any sparkler.
- Build any fire except at places provided for that purpose.
Dogs in City Parks
Council has enacted Ordinance 2008-08, amending Chapter 951, Park Regulations, allowing dogs in City parks on walking trails and paths only, not on the grassy areas. Dogs shall be restrained on a leash in such a manner as to be under a person’s control at all times. Dogs only will be permitted in the park areas designated as a park walkway, path or sidewalk. No person shall permit any dog to run at large. Parks with walking paths include Jindra, Orlando and Intihar Parks. Dogs are not permitted in open grassy areas, in park pavilions or at the ball fields. Owners are responsible for cleaning up their dog’s droppings in the park. (Ord. 2008-08, 4/14/2008)
Bicycles in Parks
Wickliffe City Council has removed the park rule that banned bicycles from City parks. Bicycles are now allowed in Wickliffe parks, and riders are asked to be courteous to walkers and others enjoying the park on foot.