City Parks & Pavilions
Rules & Regulations at all City Parks
It shall be unlawful for any person to:
- Commit any disorderly or immoral act.
- Possess any alcoholic beverage or be found in an intoxicated state.
- Throw stones, sticks, cans or bottles, play golf or throw or hit any dangerous object.
- Deface in any manner, any tree, bench or park structure, including any notice or the rules and regulations governing the parks which have been posted or permanently affixed.
- Gamble or play any games of chance for money.
- Throw or leave garbage in any place other than in the receptacles provided.
- Publicly solicit subscriptions or beg.
- Wash, clean or polish any automobile or other vehicle.
- Drive or ride a motor scooter, motorcycle, mini-bike, snowmobile or any motor-driven vehicle.
- Climb any tree or walk, stand, sit upon any monument, vase, fountain, railing or fence.
- Permit any dog(s) or other animals to enter onto the park grounds or run at large.
- Post any sign or advertise anything for sale.
- Enter a place where a "No Admittance" sign has been posted or hold a picnic or game in an area not designated for that use.
- Discharge any firearms or fireworks or ignite or burn any sparkler.
- Build any fire except at places provided for that purpose.
- No ice skating permitted on Coulby or Green Ridge Golf Course pond.
Dogs in City Parks
Council has enacted Ordinance 2008-08, amending Chapter 951, Park Regulations, allowing dogs in City parks on walking trails and paths only, not on the grassy areas. Dogs shall be restrained on a leash in such a manner as to be under a person's control at all times. Dogs only will be permitted in the park areas designated as a park walkway, path or sidewalk. No person shall permit any dog to run at large. Parks with walking paths include Jindra, Orlando and Intihar Parks. Dogs are not permitted in open grassy areas, in park pavilions or at the ball fields. Owners are responsible for cleaning up their dog's droppings in the park. (Ordinance 2008-08, April 14, 2008)
Bicycles in Parks
Wickliffe City Council has removed the park rule that banned bicycles from City parks. Bicycles are now allowed in Wickliffe parks, and riders are asked to be courteous to walkers and others enjoying the park on foot.