FOR SMALL BUSINESS ECONOMIC RELIEF IN THE CITY OF WICKLIFFE
October 13, 2020
Dear Wickliffe Business Owner:
The City of Wickliffe recognizes the hardships that our small businesses have endured as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic. Due to this, the City has allocated a portion of these funds to qualified local small businesses in the form of a grant. The City will provide up to $5,000 for qualifying expenses on a first-come, first-serve basis until the authorized allocation is exhausted or by November 10, 2020.
The program is intended to provide the business owners/management with reimbursement opportunities for:
- Payroll, rent and utility payments that were not previously included in a request for reimbursement through any other grant or loan forgiveness program
- Personal protective equipment (PPE) and cleaning supplies
- COVID-19 safety communication costs and signage to promote social distancing, such as elevator limitations and floor markings signage, etc.
- Other documented costs for alterations to the business which were intended to deter or prevent the spread of COVID-19
- No sales tax or shipping and handling fees will be considered.
The required application, Attachments A, B, C and the Internal Revenue Service Form W-9 for this grant can be found here: Cares Act SBG Wickliffe Application If you have any questions about the program, please feel free to call Economic Development Manager Monica Drake at 419-345-0242.
As a small business owner, you are an important part of our community. We look forward to supporting you in this way.
John A. Barbish Monica Drake
Mayor/Safety Director Economic Development Manager