I have a compliment or concern about a police department employee.

The Wickliffe Police Department strives to provide quality service to the community. We work daily to demonstrate our commitment to fair and impartial law enforcement that respects individual dignity and rights. It our policy to receive and investigate any complaints related to police services or enforcement. 

When a member of our department provides outstanding service, we want to hear from you, and when we fall short of our goals, we want to know that too.

Compliments: We appreciate hearing stories about the good work of the Wickliffe Police Department. If you want to share a story or just say thanks, feel free send a letter to the police department.

Concerns / Complaints:  Members of the police department handle a variety of calls and have numerous contacts with the public. In some cases, individuals may feel that a member of the police department has not followed correct WPD policy and procedures. If so, they can come to the police department and ask to speak to the supervisor on duty.

The supervisor on duty will attempt to resolve the problem informally or through a formal internal investigation. If the complainant wishes to file a formal complaint, the supervisor will assist the complainant in filling out the proper paperwork. 

To File a Confidential Complaint:

  • File in person at the police department or by phone 440-943-1234.
  • Complaints are filed and forwarded to the Patrol Commander who will investigate the complaint or assign it to a supervisor for investigation.
  • Complaint investigations will be completed within 60 days.
  • You are not required to give your name; however, by providing your name, you make it more likely that we can conduct the most thorough investigation possible.

NOTE: It is a violation of the Ohio Revised to knowingly file a complaint against a peace officer that alleges the peace officer engaged in misconduct in the performance of the officer’s duties if the person knows the allegation is false. Making a false allegation is a misdemeanor of the first degree and is punishable by a fine up to $1,000 and by incarceration of up to 180 days. (ORC 2921.15)

Show All Answers

1. How do I get an impounded vehicle released?
2. What are the rules for parking in Wickliffe?
3. What are the fines for parking violations?
4. Can I park on the street all night?
5. How do I file a police report?
6. Who is the city prosecutor and how do I get ahold of her?
7. What time is curfew for minors?
8. What are the hours for lawn cutting and other related noises?
9. There is an injured animal in my yard. Can the police department help?
10. Are dogs allowed to run loose in the neighborhood or the city parks?
11. I found a lost dog. What should I do?
12. My neighbor’s dog barks early in the morning and their kids play basketball in the driveway until late at night. What are the permitted times for these activities?
13. Should I call the police department to let them know my electricity or cable is out or when the sewer backs up during a storm?
14. How do I request a copy of an accident or incident report?
15. Where do I call to report a suspected drug house?
16. How do I register a surveillance camera?
17. Where can I get my fingerprints taken for an employment background check?
18. Can you tell me if I have an active warrant?
19. I have a compliment or concern about a police department employee.
20. We will be going on vacation and would like a house check. Is that possible?
21. What are the child safety seat tips and laws?
22. Does the police or fire department personnel install child car seats?
23. How do I obtain a bike license?
24. I just felt a small earthquake tremor, what should I do?
25. Who do I call to report a malfunctioning traffic signal?
26. What time are the fireworks?
27. Where can I drop off old prescription medications?
28. Where is the police department located?
29. Are consumer grade fireworks permitted in Wickliffe?
30. What is the penalty for shooting off fireworks?