Welcome to the City of Wickliffe
Thank you for your interest in the City of Wickliffe. Both businesses and residents provide health and vitality to the City. Recognizing this, the city has authorized development programs, which may aid both residents and businesses.
Residential Community Reinvestment Area (CRA) – a tax abatement program, which a resident may use when someone is doing new construction or an extensive, major renovations. Wickliffe CRA Residential information
Business Development Incentive Programs
The City of Wickliffe uses various economic development tools to support businesses seeking to locate, expand or improve their facilities. Through analyzing a proposed project, we are able to determine whether the project is eligible for the numerous programs available. Our goal is to streamline the development process and ensure the best results possible for business and industry, facilitating new job creation and economic growth. CRA Commercial process for approval
Local Financing and Incentives Tools
- Commercial Community Reinvestment Area (CRA) – a tool that may be used when someone is doing new construction or an extensive, major renovations. add link to this page here
- Tax Incremental Financing (TIF) –The most common use is regarding public infrastructure to support new development.
- Local Income Tax Rebate – This is determined on a case-by-case basis.
- Local Storefront Renovation and Sign program – A reimbursement program to assist business owners with the cost of renovating storefronts, installing new signage or landscaping.
Additional Regional and State Incentives
- Wickliffe works closely with Team NEO and Jobs Ohio to determine if regional or state funds might be available.
- When a project investment exceeds $10 million, Lake County Port and Economic Development Authority bond capability may be beneficial for the project through their sales tax exemption capabilities.
John A. Barbish, Mayor
28730 Ridge Road
Wickliffe, OH 44092
Cell: 440-669-5254 office phone: 440-943-7103