COVID-19 Resident Assistance

Call Line for services available to you! Organized through The United Way.

     CALL  211 – Speak with a live, highly trained expert navigator who will lead you to the help you need. All calls are confidential. Alternative number 440-639-4420.

     TEXT  898211 Text your zip code to 898211. An expert navigator will lead you to the help you need. All texts are confidential. Accessible 24/7 English and    Spanish. Accessible 24/7, 150+ Languages

Mental Health Crisis – Mental Health Hotline: 440-953-8252

The City of Wickliffe would like to share some information regarding FINANCIAL ASSITANCE that may be available to you. We know that many of you have been hurt financially by COVID-19. Governor DeWine has announced several grants and funds that will be accepting applications starting November 2, 2020. These funds are meant to help those impacted in the small business, bar and restaurant communities and also people that are having a hard time making rent or home mortgage payments.

· Small Business Relief Grant

· Bar and Restaurant Assistance Fund

· Home Relief Grant:

Information on these assistance opportunities can be found at

Heating Assistance Available Application Deadline: May 31, 2021

The Ohio Development Services Agency and the Lake County Council on Aging want to remind Ohioans that assistance is available to help with their home energy bills. The Home Energy Assistance Program (HEAP) helps Ohioans at or below 175 percent of the federal poverty guidelines pay their heating bills.

Applied directly to the customer’s utility or bulk fuel bill, the benefit can help manage heating costs. Ohioans can visit to apply online, download a copy of the application or find contact information for a local Energy Assistance Provider (EAP). The Lake County Council on Aging is able to assist individuals over the phone to complete their application for HEAP benefits. If preferred, an individual can drop off their application and verifications using the agency’s secure drop box for an Information & Assistance Specialist to review the application to ensure it is complete and submit on the individual’s behalf.  When applying, individuals need to have copies of the following documents:

  • Most recent utility bills.
  • A list of all household members (including birth dates and Social Security numbers).
  • Proof of income for the past 30 days for all household members (12 months for certain income types).
  • Proof of U.S. citizenship or legal residency for all household members.
  • Proof of disability (if applicable).

HEAP benefits are applied to an individual’s energy bill after January 1st. Applications for the HEAP program must be received by May 31, 2021.

This is not an emergency program.  Low-income households that have been disconnected (or have a pending disconnection notice), need to establish new service, need to pay to transfer service, have 25% (or less) of bulk fuel supply remaining, or have a household member who was diagnosed with COVID-19 in 2020  may also be eligible for the HEAP Winter Crisis Program, which started on November 1, 2020. If you need immediate assistance with your energy bills, please contact your local EAP. A list of providers can be found at

Applications for the HEAP Winter Crisis Program must be received by March 31, 2021.  For more information on HEAP, visit or call (800) 282-0880. Hearing-impaired customers can dial 711 for assistance.