Hours for obtaining permits and applications at the Wickliffe Building Department are from 8:00 AM – 11:30 AM, Monday through Friday. For more information contact the Building Department during business hours: (440) 943-7115.
Please scroll down for more information and a list of permits that may be printed, listed under “PERMITS ANS APPLICATIONS”
- Permit Applications are available to print or in our kiosk in the City Hall Foyer. You may call to have an application mailed to you.
- Completed Applications can be left in the locked drop box in the City Hall Foyer. (Checks made payable to City of Wickliffe should accompany all applications in drop box or you may pay with Credit Card by phone.)
Information for Construction in Wickliffe
The City of Wickliffe is pleased to offer residents and contractors the opportunity to become better acquainted with the codes, ordinances, and regulations which affect the building of a new structure or the renovation of an existing structure.
Raymond F. Sack, Jr., Building Commissioner
Patricia Leovic, Administrative Assistant
Registered Contractors List (Updated monthly)
CONTRACTOR LIST: WICKLIFFE CONTRACTOR LIST AS OF AUG 1, 2022
SNOW PLOW REGISTRATION LIST: WICKLIFFE SNOW PLOW LIST AS OF MAY 1, 2022
Check the list above for names of contractors that are licensed to work within the City of Wickliffe. The List is in alphabetical order and by specialty. Specialty is listed as General, HVAC, Plumbing, etc.
Registrations are continuously being accepted and processed. You may contact the Building Department 440-943-7115 to check if your selected contractor has recently been registered.
A Contractor’s Registration Packet includes information about our registration procedure, application for license or registration, and the contractor’s bond form is available. Contractor renewal information is also included in the packet. Please click here: CONTRACTOR REGISTRATION PACKET
Zoning Map – City of Wickliffe: Official_Wickliffe_Zoning_2021
Permits & Applications
All building permits require a 1% state tax fee: Roofing, Siding, Plumbing, HVAC and Dwelling Additions and/or Alterations, but not Fences, Concrete, Tool Sheds and Occupancy Permits. RE-INSPECTION FEE: A $25.00 “return fee for additional inspection” is charged if the area to be inspected is not prepared at the time of initial inspection. Example: Sidewalks not cleared of snow prior to sidewalk inspection.
- APRON SNOW REMOVAL-SENIOR PROGRAM
- ARCHITECTURAL REVIEW BOARD-EUCLID AVE APP/INSTRUCTIONS
- Board of Zoning Application
- Residential Building Permit Application
- CONCRETE OR ASPHALT PERMIT APPLICATION
- CHANGE OF OWNERSHIP REGULATIONS/SEWER DYE TEST
- Commercial Occupancy Permit
- CONTRACTOR NEW REGISTRATION PACKET
- CONTRATOR RENEWAL BOND
- Deck Permit
- DRIVEWAY APPLICATION AND ASPHALT REGULATIONS
- Chimney or Step Alteration Permit
- COMMERCIAL ELECTRICAL PERMIT (LAKE COUNTY)
- RESIDENTIAL ELECTRICAL PERMIT APPLICATION (LAKE COUNTY)
- Fence Permit Application
- FORCLOSURE PROPERTY/BUILDING REGISTRATION FORM
- GARAGE PERMIT
- HVAC PERMIT
- INSPECTION PROCEEDURES CONSTRUCTION
- PLANNING COMMISION APPLICATION FOR APPEARANCE
- PLUMBING AND SEWER PERMIT
- RESIDENTIAL BUILDING/ADDITION PERMIT APPLICATION
- Roofing or Siding Permit
- SIGN PERMIT Application
- SANDWICH BOARD SIGNS-TEMPORARY SIGNS
- SITE AND GRADING PLAN APPLICATION
- SNOW PLOW REMOVAL PERMIT
- TEE TEST TYPICAL LOCATION
- TOOL SHED REGULATIONS AND REQUEST FOR PERMIT
- SEWER WATERPROOFING SPECS.
Processing your Permit
Any contractor starting/beginning work without proper permits will be charged two times the amount of the original permit fee. (Ord. 2011-75)
A 1% state tax is charged on all building permits except for Fences, Concrete, Tool Sheds and Occupancy Permits.
Fees and required drawings are explained on each permit/application. Print the permit and it fill out completely. You may drop it in the locked drop box located in the City Hall Foyer; during business hours, Monday–Friday, 8:00 a.m.–11:30 a.m., or mail the permit and appropriate payment fee to: Wickliffe City Hall, Building Dept., 28730 Ridge Road, Wickliffe, OH, 44092. (Make checks payable to City of Wickliffe).
Questions about required permits and building procedures may be e-mailed to Building Commissioner Ray Sack. Please include as much information as possible for a prompt return.
VACANT PROPERTY/BUILDING FORECLOSURE REQUEST
All vacant properties/buildings must register with the City of Wickliffe Building Department Vacant Building Registration Ordinances. Information on Chapters 1171 & 1175 of the City of Wickliffe Codified Ordinances can be accessed here. An exemption may only be granted by the Building Department upon receiving a COMPLETED exemption form. Requests for an exemption must be received within 15 calendar days of receiving notification to register.