For the safety of the general public and our staff, City Hall will have very limited access, face mask is required to enter the building. Please call 440-943-7115 BEFORE showing up in person or if you have permit or application questions.
Building Department, please scroll down for complete information.
- Permit Applications available online to print below, in the City Hall Foyer or you may call to have an application mailed to you.
- Completed Applications can be left in the locked drop box in the City Hall Foyer (Checks made payable to City of Wickliffe should accompany all applications in drop box or call to pay with Credit Card by phone.)
- Building Department Phone 440-943-7115.
For any other City-related inquiries, please call 440-943-7100
Hours for obtaining permits and applications at the Wickliffe Building Department are from 8:00 AM – 12:00 PM, Monday through Friday. For more information, call the Building Dept. at (440) 943-7115.
Information for Construction in Wickliffe
The City of Wickliffe is pleased to offer residents and contractors the opportunity to become better acquainted with the codes, ordinances, and regulations which affect the building of a new structure or the renovation of an existing structure.
Raymond F. Sack, Jr., Building Commissioner
Patricia Leovic, Administrative Assistant
Registered Contractors List
Check the list above for names of contractors that are licensed to work within the City of Wickliffe in 2020. List is in alphabetical order by contractor name. Specialty is listed as General, HVAC, Plumbing, etc.
Registrations for 2020 are continuously being accepted and processed. You may contact the Building Department for the most current information 440-943-7115 to check if your selected contractor has recently been registered for 2020.
A Contractor’s Registration Packet includes information about our registration procedure, application for license or registration, and the contractor’s bond form is available. Contractor renewal information is also included in the packet.
Please click here: CONTRACTOR REGISTRATION PACKET
Building Department Documents
Zoning Map – City of Wickliffe: Official_Wickliffe_Zoning_2021
Permits & Applications
All building permits require a 1% state tax fee: Roofing, Siding, Plumbing, HVAC and Dwelling Additions and/or Alterations, but not Fences, Concrete, Tool Sheds and Occupancy Permits.
A $25.00 “wasted trip fee for additional inspection” is charged if the area to be inspected is not prepared at the time of initial inspection. Example: Sidewalks not cleared of snow prior to sidewalk inspection.
- Architectural Review Board Application for Appearance
- Board of Zoning Application
- New Residential Dwellings
- Chapter 11 Energy Efficiency
- REGULATIONS & CONTRACTOR REGISTRATION
- Contractor Renewal
- CHIMNEY OR STEP REBUILD
- Deck Permit
- Commercial Electrical Permit (Lake County)
- Building Permit Fee and Deposit Schedule
- Fence Permit Application
- Foreclosed Property Registration
- Inspection Procedure List
- Commercial Occupancy Permit
- Planning Commission Regulations
- Plumbing and Sewer Permit
- Residential Building Addition Regulations
- Garage Permit
- Roofing or Siding Permit
- Sewer dye test regulations
- Test Tee Location information
- Snow Plow Removal Permit
- APPLICATION FOR SIGN PERMIT
- SANDWICH BOARD SIGNS-TEMPORARY SIGNS
- Tool Shed
Processing your Permit
Any contractor starting/beginning work without proper permits will be charged two times the amount of the original permit fee. (Ord. 2011-75)
A 1% state tax is charged on all building permits except for Fences, Concrete, Tool Sheds and Occupancy Permits.
Fees and required drawings are explained on each permit/application. Print the permit and it fill out completely. You may drop it in the locked drop box located in the foyer of City Hall; during business hours, Monday–Friday, 8:00 a.m.–12:00 p.m., or mail the permit and appropriate payment fee to: Wickliffe City Hall, Building Dept, 28730 Ridge Road, Wickliffe, OH, 44092. Make checks payable to City of Wickliffe.
Questions about required permits and building procedures can be e-mailed to Building Commissioner Ray Sack. Please include as much information as possible for a prompt return.
VACANT PROPERTY/BUILDING FORECLOSURE REQUEST
All vacant properties/buildings must register with the City of Wickliffe Building Department Vacant Building Registration Ordinances. Information on Chapters 1171 & 1175 of the City of Wickliffe Codified Ordinances can be accessed here. An exemption can only be granted by the Building Department upon receiving a COMPLETED exemption form. Requests for an exemption must be received within 15 calendar days of receiving notification to register.