History of the Wickliffe Police Department
- 1916: The Village of Wickliffe was incorporated. The first administration building was located on Euclid Avenue and it also housed police and fire.
- 1946: The Village police and fire departments were reorganized into separate departments.
- 1951: Wickliffe officially became a city on October 6, 1951.
- 1954: The city sold the old village hall and moved to the million-dollar mansion built by Harry Coulby at 28730 Ridge Road. The police department also moved to the former Coulby estate. The police occupied the east wing of the mansion; the Chief’s Office and the communications center were located in the Victorian Room, the detective bureau offices were located upstairs in the servant’s quarters and the basement housed the locker room, roll call and the jail cells.
- 1990: A free-standing police station was built on the Coulby property just west of the mansion at a cost of $1.8 million dollars. This was accomplished without new tax dollars or loans.
The city of Wickliffe is 4.68 square miles and according to the Census figures, Wickliffe has grown from 18 families in 1859 to 12,750 residents (5,780 households) in 2010.
Wickliffe Police Chiefs
- 1920-1933: Clyde Timlin
- 1933-1942: Henry Provo
- 1942-1974: Leon Montgomery
- 1974-1984: Andrew Zambory
- 1984-1994: Robert Dion
- 1994-2007: James Fox
- 2007-2003: Randy Ice
- Present: Jonathon Bush